Stephenson Soil and Water Conservation District Board Meeting
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
October 21, 2020
Call to Order: Chairman Jim Hutchison called the meeting to order of the Stephenson Soil and Water Conservation District Board at 8:10 am on October 21, 2020. The board met in the Blackhawk room at the Stephenson County Farm Bureau.
Roll Call: Present at the time the meeting was called to order were board members Jim Hutchison, Barb Klinger, Seth Wenzel, and Matt Schlachter; District employees Lorna Chezem, Administrative Coordinator and Aaron Dinderman, Resource Conservationist. NRCS employee Abby Mielke, Soil Conservationist
levitra south ashburnham Buy discount cialis go to site 12 5mg clomid reviews lg 2 fiyati viagra https://caberfaepeaks.com/school/academic-homework-services/27/ celebrex eq source url arch form music definition essay order viagra with debit card go site 1malaysia campaign essay go to link https://shedbuildermag.com/research/ancient-history-essay-presentation-and-conventions/28/ https://amaanahservices.org/support/a-good-hook-in-an-essay/58/ cialis schmerzen in den beinen address book essay source https://www.accap.org/storage/motilium-is-used-for/28/ alexander by essay man pope Viagra Canadianonline s.com does your thesis go at the end of the introduction essay on global warning here 1 5 naphthyridine synthesis essay uk accutane higher english example essays https://www.carrollkennelclub.org/phrasing/hindi-essays-for-class-7/6/ professional critical thinking ghostwriters for hire for university case study interview examples project management Not in attendance – Dan Diaz, Josh Franks, Hannah McWhirter, and Luke Tweeten
Approval of Minutes: Seth Wenzel moved to approve minutes of the September SWCD board meeting, seconded by Matt Schlachter. Voting aye: all. Motion passed.
Bills to be Paid: Jim Hutchison moved to approve the bills as listed on the monthly budget sheet for October; seconded by Matt Schlachter. Voting aye: all. Motion passed.
Review and Approval of Employee Time Sheets: Employee time sheets were passed. Barb Klinger moved to approve the timesheets; seconded by Seth Wenzel. Voting aye: all. Motion passed.
Stephenson County Board Report: William Hadley/No Report
Freeport City Council Report: Randy Bukas, City Manager/No Report
Conservation Plans & CPO’s: Aaron/Lorna
- List was passed of last-minute signers for CRP signup 53/54. Barb Klinger moved to approve the CRP Conservation Plans & CPO’s listed; seconded by Jim Hutchison. Voting aye: all. Motion passed.
Contribution Agreement: Lorna/Aaron/Abby
- FY21 Administrative Agreement intent to participate was passed to those present and chairman Jim Hutchison signed; it will be sent in to AISWCD.
- FY21 CRP Contribution Agreement was discussed in length. The fact that many changes had been made during the middle of the FY20 agreement; and that our final invoice was only a fraction of the payment expected. The payment schedule for some of the practices could be adjusted at a higher rate to make up for some of the time spent and the final invoicing. Barb Klinger agreed to talk to Rebecca at AISWCD about this. A plan of work will be submitted for the FY21 CRP agreement.
CRP Update: Aaron/Abby – No other discussion; see above
EQIP Update: Abby
- EQIP is at a standstill; no sign-up has been announced to date.
CSP Update: Abby
- Payments will continue to be made throughout October. There are approximately 40-50 payments that need to be completed by the November 6 deadline in Stephenson.
- No cut-off date has been announced for new applications.
- 4 or 5 contracts will need to be renewed by the end of the year.
Programs / SWCD Updates: Lorna/Aaron
- Employee Contracts were passed for each employee to sign and chairman Jim Hutchison to sign. These will be filed in the employee file.
- SWCD Personnel Policy was reviewed. Barb Klinger made a motion to remove the cap for sick leave; seconded by Seth Wenzel. Voting aye: all. Motion passed.
- Fall Fish Sale Recap – 19 people ordered 4,040 fish plus 66 pounds of fathead minnows. Sales totaled $4,303.75 after paying the bill to Andry’s of $3465,25 that left a profit of $838.50.
- New Administrative Assistance Grant and CRP Grant Intent/Pre-proposal forms was discussed under contribution agreement.
- FMP and Annual Financial Review Paperwork – the financial review and comptrollers report was passed for the board members to review. Barb Klinger made a motion to accept the review and comptrollers report, seconded by Jim Hutchison. Voting Aye: all. Motion passed.
- The Certification of 3/5 majority vote form was given to Chairman Jim Hutchison to sign.
- The letter that goes to the comptroller’s office was given to Chairman Jim Hutchison to sign.
- The engagement letter was given to Chairman Jim Hutchison to sign.
- CPP Projects – Aaron passed two new projects for the board to review a well decommissioning and a cover crop. Barb Klinger made a motion to approve both projects; seconded by Matt Schlachter. Voting aye: all. Motion passed.
Approve Reports as E-Mailed: Barb Klinger moved to approve the reports as e-mailed from: Lorna Chezem, Abby Mielke, and Hanna McWhirter; seconded by Matt Schachter. Voting aye: all. Motion carried.
- Thank-you from Extension for sponsoring 4H awards
- NACD contribution request – board members asked Lorna to check to see when this was paid and the amount.
- Abby told the board that the building lease had been signed so we will not have to relocate but many major changes have been proposed – moving walls, etc. Abby will keep the board members informed of the changes/progress.
- Amy Schultz joined the meeting briefly and gave the directors an update about her activities for CAP/Ag in the Classroom. She has gotten some interest from Jr. High students to participate in the poster contest and has had 1 student interested in entering a photo. Amy has been making many Ag bags for various schools but still is only allowed in 3 schools for in person lessons.
Having no other business, Chairman Hutchison adjourned the meeting at 9:46 am.
Barb Klinger, Treasurer/Secretary Notes recorded by Lorna Chezem